Counselling helps you draw on your strengths, capacity and self-knowledge to help you Make Sense of your difficulties and worries. This means that you have control of the counselling process deciding what you want to talk about and how much detail you want to give. There is no pressure to talk about something you're not ready to say. I am here to be at your side, to listen to you and to really hear how your experiences are affecting your life.
Together we can take time to work through your problems, traumas and difficulties at your pace and in your time. If you are fighting against the flow, caught up or bowled over by your emotions, finding someone to talk to can be calming and comforting, helping you to breathe again.
Even when we feel we are managing, that things aren’t too bad, we can still benefit from talking to someone about the challenges we face each day.
If you’re ready to think about change please call 07484 186662
.... My way of counselling is about helping people talk about change in their life leading to their personal sense of loss. From the loss of a job or relationship to the loss of a loved one or how cancer or health issues have turned their world upside down seemingly without end....
- Loss emerging from change can be traumatic and experienced in any aspect of life important to you, such as your relationships with others, bringing anxiety, stress, fear, pain and exhaustion as you try to keep things running smoothly while your energy and strength ebb away. Particular times of year and stages of life can reignite how loss affects your emotions bringing up anxieties you thought were over.
- Cancer and Health issues can touch every part of your life bringing into focus change in your relationships, your plans and your sense of yourself. Cancer can bring panic, disbelief and fear for the future, Loss of a sense of certainty, of identity, normality and the pain of unfairness.
- Health issues such as Trigeminal Neuralgia a condition affecting the trigeminal nerve can cause pain on the face when speaking, kissing, sneezing and at even the mildest touch or gentle breeze. This can change day to day social interactions making life extremely difficult.
- Bereavement, grief and mourning, the ripples of loss from losing someone can touch every part of your life, changing the future you planned. The Loss of someone you struggled to love or had a difficult relationship with can also be challenging bringing up difficult feelings, past hurt and anxiety.
- Loss in Caring for another, can be experienced in changes to your everyday way of life, future plans, loss of support and friendship alongside feelings of guilt.
- Couples can feel a sense of loss when their relationship seems to lose its way, when the stress of life impacts the closeness of their relationship.
As part of my commitment to you, I keep myself up to date with developments in my areas of counselling specialty and any areas closely linked to them. Currently this includes:
o Understanding the long-term effects of Cancer
o Bereavement & loss
o Health & wellbeing
o Relationships and understanding the felt sense and effects on the body of our emotions
o Being a trauma aware practitioner
o Safeguarding and managing risk through digital media
o The effectiveness of online therapy
Therapy can help you fill your tank of resilience, helping support you through growth and change – you could begin counselling with a ‘starter’ appointment – find more here